Buenos Aires Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the Buenos Aires Forum on April 21, 2013 4:46 a.m.. If you can help with this question about Buenos Aires, please post a reply. If you’re travelling to Buenos Aires yourself, you can also get discounted rates on pet friendly hotels in Buenos Aires here.

Flying my dog from Dublin to Buenos Aires

Hi there! I am trying to find information about travelling with my dog (23 kg rough collie).From Dublin to Argentina by airfrance but someone told me that there is an embargo on pets flying from the republic of Ireland, but I don't think that is true. I am searching others airlines at the moment, because the other way for me to go back home with my dog would be by London and according to the ferry's web pages, I need a car and my dog have to be in it during the crossing, As foot passengers we can't bring big pets with us.
A flight from Belfast to London, honestly I was trying to avoid more planes for my dog I think that a flight crossing Europe and an other cossing half globe is enough for him, I'm scared for my pet because it's a long journery and scared for my pocket as well. I don't think that paying for my dog and the extra baggage would be cheap!
Anyway I am checking lufthansa now, I have been reading good things about the pet service of this company. but my question is, if someone knows if I have to check the dog out and in the in Frankfurt my self or they transfer the dog directly from one flight to another. The thing is there are flings from Dublin to Argentina by frankfurt but the connection time is only 1 h, and I don't think it's enough time to do it if I have to it my self.
Thank you very much!

Originally posted by Vivianna from Belfast, GB
April 21, 2013 4:46 a.m.

Replies

Mrs

Hi Vivianna. I have just seen your post, may be my answer is late for you. I am sorry. I can only tell you that there are no direct flights from Dublin to Buenos Aires. The only airport connecting UK with Argentina is London. I cannot provide information about rules and policies of pet carriers in Europe. I am sorry. Let me know if you need information about Argentina. I hope you can have a pleasant trip with your dog.

Posted by MIRTA from Buenos Aires, AR
May 15, 2013 8:50 a.m.

This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.