Suggestions/Feedback Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the Suggestions/Feedback Forum on May 16, 2015 2:03 p.m.. If you can help with this question about Suggestions/Feedback, please post a reply.

Asheville NC is no longer a dog friendly city

Im newly moved into the asheville area. I bought a home after visiting Asheville for a number of times 4 years ago. I always heard it was a dog friendlily town. We recently went to the Montford Music and Arts Festival and was stopped at the entrance. I was told they didn't allow dogs on lease into the festival. I left my wife at the entrance and started to walk in and the girl running the entrance said she couldn't stand there with the dog she had to walk down to the end of the street and stand there while I walked in. I went to the table of officers who ran the festival if this was policy after passing several people walking there dogs. They said it was the town policy not to allow dogs at any street gatherings at all, including farm markets and music festivals. One man said it would be permited if the dog remained on the sidewalk and not the street. I said that would be fine. When I walked back to pick up my wife and the dog there were 2 policeman and the entrance girl who was taking my picture on her mobile phone as I spoke to the officers. I tried to explain to the officers that one of the officials running the festival said it was ok to bring the dog in on lease on the sidewalk. I was asked to leave even though one of the officers of the festival was there with me. Is this how I can expect to be treated moving into this area? Can you really be called a dog friendly city now? I know in the past I've always brought my dog to car shows and festivals in NY.

Originally posted by Frank Guagenti from Asheville, NC, US
May 16, 2015 2:03 p.m.

Replies

No discussion yet, be the first to reply!
This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.